BASIC COURSE ON THE POTTER'S WHEEL - LEARN THE BASICS
This basic course is suitable for anyone who wants to test their skills on the wheel and is available as an individual or in a group of up to four participants. During the session you will learn the basic skills of pottery making through your own hands-on time on the wheel. You can also book a second session to complete your pieces yourself. Please read the explanation of what this means exactly.
The aim is to get a feel for the ceramic material, to live out hidden creativity and to take home a ceramic piece you have made yourself at the end.
1st session (2.5h) 160CHF +7.7Mwst - Shapes on the wheel.
2nd session (2.h) optional: 140CHF +7.7Mwst - defining and finishing
For group bookings:
- of two persons, the price is 240CHF +7.7Mwst for the first session and 200CHF +7.7Mwst for the second session.
- of three people, the price is 320CHF +7.7Mwst for the first session and 260CHF +7.7Mwst for the second session.
- of four people, the price is 400CHF +7.7Mwst for the first session and 320CHF +7.7Mwst for the second session.
Residents of Zermatt receive a 10% discount on the offer.
Included in the price is the use of 1.5kg of clay, all our available tools as well as firing and glazing to your color preference by our ceramist (for this you have the full glaze range of Zermatt Ceramics at your disposal), as well as a tea or a coffee. Part of the two-hour session we allow for 10 minutes of active cleaning time of your station and tools.
The sessions are divided into two ceramic working steps. In the first session, after a demonstration of the technique, you will shape your own pieces on the wheel. Our ceramist will actively support you in this process. Afterwards, the ceramics must dry for at least 24 hours before they can finally be worked on. This means that the second session cannot take place on the same day, but ideally the following day, or in the course of the next five days. In the second session, the surfaces of the pieces are worked on. For example, by painting with a brush, pressing in stamps, carving or additions such as handles or feet.
PAYMENT AND ADDITIONAL COSTS:
The Workshop is paid in advance with additional Mwst. of 7.7%. After contacting our ceramist, you will receive an invoice which includes the regular price. After the workshop you will receive a second invoice if there are additional costs. Additional costs occur in the following cases:
- If you want to have more clay fired than is included in the workshop (1.5kg) per person. For each additional lump of clay of 500g we will charge you 22.5CHF plus Mwst. of 7.7%.
- If we need to send your finished pottery by post. After your last visit to our ceramic studio in Furi, the pieces will be ready for personal collection after two weeks. If this is not possible for you, we will send the pieces by post with the additional insurance "FRAGILE". So, you will be charged the shipping costs of 15CHF-30CH. This depends on the weight of the pieces created. Whether shipping is possible depends on the condition of the ceramics, which is assessed by our ceramist. Furthermore, Zermatt Ceramics does not accept any liability for possible delivery of damaged goods due to postal transport, despite additional insurance "FRAGILE".
- Exclusively for residents of Zermatt, we offer personal home delivery if you are unable to collect your ceramics from the studio. For this we charge you an additional 25CHF for delivery.
This course is normally offered from Monday to Friday. Weekend- and evening sessions are also available on request. Please do not hesitate to contact our ceramist directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 079 952 48 58with any questions or to make a booking.
We look forward to your questions and a creative time together in our beautiful studio in Furi.