Mondays 8-WEEK CERAMICS WHEEL-THROWING COURSE
Time: 17.00 - 20.00
Starting on Monday 12.9 (going on for next 7 Mondays till Monday 31.10)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
This course is designated to teach you wheel-thrown pottery, first by demonstrating and then by assisting you on the wheel with each step:
Skills taught for working on the potter's wheel:
- Centring clay on the potter's wheel (optional, clay can be centred by your teacher, if you find it difficult at first)
- Opening clay on the potter's wheel
- Pulling and shaping walls for bowls, cylindrical forms, and rounded walls.
- Trimming on the potter's wheel your previously thrown work
There will be a choice, depending on your wheel-thrown work, either:
- Decorating – 2 decorating techniques are going to be demonstrated and explained.
- Finishing the lid – adding a knob to the lid
- Pulling and attaching a handle to your work
The glazing and firing will be done by our ceramicist unless this is expressly requested by you to do it by yourself.
Price: 1500CHF + 7.7Mwst for the whole 8 week course.
Residents of Zermatt receive a 10% discount on the offer.
Included in the price for the whole week is the use of 15kg of clay, tools as well as firing and glazing by our ceramist , as well as a tea or a coffee per day. As part of each evening session, we allow for 10 minutes of active cleaning time of your station and tools.
What to wear for the course: Even though we provide you with apron and towel clothes that can get dirty – this class is hands-on. Closed shoes are also recommended.
Book by calling:
Book via e-mail